Traffic Offenses

Joel Murphy Law

Traffic Offenses

Have you been pulled over? Given traffic tickets? Your charges can range anywhere from a petty offense or ordinance violation to a criminal offense. Petty offenses are punishable by fine only but can have very negative consequences against your driving privileges and costs of insurance. Examples of Petty offenses are: speeding (up to 25mph above limit), failure to reduce speed to avoid an accident if you’ve been in a crash, improper lane usage, improper passing, equipment violations (such as muffler, head/tail lights), and failure to have valid and up to date insurance and registration. Certain petty offenses can have disastrous consequences, like speeding in a school or construction zone, passing a school bus, or Scott’s Law. Many times, I can handle these matters without you having to appear in court and miss work, school, or other obligations.

There are other traffic offenses that are much more serious. These are criminal offenses. This means they are punishable by potential jail or prison time. Examples of these are: aggravated speeding (26mph + above speed limit), unlicensed/driving while never having been issued a license, driving while your license is suspended/revoked, reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident involving property damage or personal injury, fleeing and eluding, and driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.

Not only am I looking for the best outcome possible, but it is important to get a resolution that reduces your exposure to liability in a separate, possible civil lawsuit.

There are many different factors that can effect your case. You may be prosecuted by the State of Illinois or a prosecutor for one of the many municipalities. There are many different court rooms and judges. You want an attorney who has the experience and familiarity with all of these to guide you through the process. I am that attorney. Call me and we can discuss the best plan of action and acheive the best possible outcome.

Contact Joel Murphy Law

Let me provide the legal help you need.
Please enable JavaScript in your browser to complete this form.